This guide provides everything you need to know to discover the South's best-kept secrets of winter recreation: snow-covered mountains, remote yet accessible trails, high-quality downhill and cross-country skiing, sparkling resorts and peaceful cabins, and of course, southern hospitality. Randy Johnson is a knowledgeable guide who shares his years of experience enjoying the winter wonders from the mountains of western Maryland down the Appalachian corridor all the way to northern Alabama.
- All-in-one guide to the ski areas, winter trails, and mountaineering opportunities in the six-state southern snowbelt
- Tips on lodging, dining, nightlife, outfitters, lessons, childcare, activities for the nonskier, and more
- Well-illustrated with photos and user-friendly maps for hikes and backcountry ski areas
- Entertaining and informative background on the surprising history of the southern ski industry
- Practical advice for finding up-to-the-minute information on weather and resort conditions
Whether you're just visiting, new to the region, or a lifelong resident, this is the only book you need to make the most of southern snow.